The Community Foundation is currently led by a group of 23 volunteer board members. Each member brings a perspective and expertise unique to where they live in the community, their profession, and what their community interests are. Please see information at the bottom of this page about how board members are selected.
According to Foundation by-laws, board members are appointed in the following manner:
1 – Appointed by the Ministerial Association
1 – Appointed by the Kosciusko County Bar Association
1 – Appointed by the Judge of the Circuit Court of Kosciusko County
2 – Appointed from industries located in Kosciusko County appointed at large by a nominating committee of the Board of Directors
Remainder – Appointed at large by a nominating committee of the Board of Directors
Appointments are made at the recommendation of a Governance Committee which considers the following areas (in alpha order):
- Areas of expertise including: administration, business, planning, finance, legal,education, fundraising, marketing, media, investment and nonprofit governance.
- Availability of time.
- Community connections including corporate, social, philanthropic, religious, professional, education and rural.
- Diversity in age, gender and ethnicity.
- Organizational experience including business, government, nonprofit.
- Potential to support the Community Foundation financially.
- Representation from communities throughout Kosciusko County.
- Style (visionary, practical, leadership).